Tropical Chai Smoothies
Your morning pick-me-up and a smoothie in one glass !
I was going to treat the guys to a smoothie, but was waiting for a warmer day. Looks like today is it! Unfortunately, you will have to endure the theme of making surprise treats for the LPB construction guys for a bit longer. What can I say, they are just that sweet.
So, I made the smoothies, ran ’em up to the jobsite, tipped over one while driving, managed to rescue some of it in a wine glass that I happened to have in my back pocket, just in time for a nice blog photo. You see, we humans are very visual creatures and food must be appeasing to the eyes, so I did what I had to do.
Anyhow, this is a thick smoothie, you can certainly thin it out by using more ice cubes or water.
Ingredients (serves 4-5 glass full):
- 20 oz fresh pineapple, chopped & frozen
- 3 lrg bananas, chopped & frozen
- 1 cup chai tea, chilled
- ice cubes (recommend if fruits are not frozen)
- sweetner to taste (honey, sugar, xylitol, etc.)
Time~ 10 min
- Brew chai tea the way you normally do or somewhat stronger. Chill in the fridge.
- Place frozen fruits OR fresh fruits and ice cubes in a blender and process.
- Add chai tea in increments to taste. Use more sweetner if preferred.
- Garnish with a few pieces of pineapple, if you have left.