Thai-Style Peanut Sauce
Usually our Saturdays end up being busier than weekdays, and as much you’d like to treat yourself to a great meal, there is little time to cook. Luckily this time, I had baked tofu and cooked Basmati rice (Polow) from the day before, and all I needed was a great sauce and some veggies for a quick fine meal! Steam cook your vegetables no more than (6-8 min) and prep the peanut sauce while waiting. There is a picture of our dinner. Not bad, huh?
Feel free to adjust to your preference.
Ingredients (yield 1/2 cup):
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbs fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 Tbs garlic, finely grated
- 1 Tbs honey (OR sugar OR other sweetner)
- 1 Tbs rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon/lime juice
- 0.5- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- 0.5-1 Tbs fish sauce
- 1/3 tsp red thai curry powder ( may replace with red pepper flakes)
- 1 Tbs peanut chunks
- 1 Tbs cilantro OR green onion, chopped
Time~ 5 min
- In a bowl, mix the first 9 ingredients.
- Toss in peanut chunks and cilantro.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
Drizzle over vegetables, tofu, rice…
Keeps well in the fridge.