Peas and Dried Mint
Ever get invited to a potluck party towards the end of the week, when your fridge is completely empty? A package of frozen peas, was pretty much all I had yesterday, but managed to come up with a quick and delicious side dish with a Middle Eastern twist.
By the way, frozen peas or corn packages work better than ice-bags on sore joints and muscles, and that’s pretty much why I keep ’em around.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 (~16 oz) package frozen peas, thawed
- 2-3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 Tbs dried mint (Middle Eastern or Egyptian)
Time~ 10 min
- In a pan or saucepan, saute the garlic in enough oil/butter ’till browned (2 min). Add dried mint and stir ( 30 sec.). Be careful it burns fast.
- Add the peas, cover and cook on low heat (~3-5 min). Use a bit of water if necessary.
- Serve as is, or pure with an immersion blender to make mashed peas.