Muscle vs. Fat
Fat cells are large and light, muscle cells are small and dense, and therefore takes up less space, leading to a leaner look rather than bulk. Of the two people with the same general appearance, the one with greater muscle, weights more.
Ladies, don’t be afraid to hit the weights and put on some lean mass, and pleaaaaase, don’t pay attention to the scale. Your weight fluctuates on a daily basis, depending on when you ate last, hydration level, and speed of digestion. The number on the scale is not a true reflection of your health, neither should it be a reflection of your worth.
- Speeds Metabolism– Since muscle is an active tissue it burns calories quicker than fat. Per pound, muscle burns around 9 to 10 calories daily while fat only burns around 2 to 3 calories.
- Boosts Fat Loss– Increased metabolism indirectly speeds fat loss.
- Benefits Health – Having a greater percentage of muscle in the body decreases health risks associated with higher fat percentages such as: high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart disease, cancers, etc.
- Increases Vitality– Keeps energy levels high
- Improves Aesthetics – Redefines your body with lean, beautiful curves.
Now, grab those weights and get after it !