Mom’s Tuna Salad Sandwich
This is my mom’s quick summer tuna salad that we sandwiched between 2 slices of toast and took for picnics back in Canada and later in Montana. You can skip the toast and scoop it up with a chip or enjoy it as is. The preparation is effortless and you probably already have all the ingredients at hand. If your sandwiches must have a piece of lettuce, feel free to add some.
Ingredients (serves 3- 4):
- 2 cans of tuna ( 5 oz each)
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pickled cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh tomato, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Time ~ 5 min
- In a mixing bowl, add tuna and mayo and combine well.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Ready to serve right away with chips or as part of a sandwich.