Curry Omelette With Mushrooms
Mushrooms are the tastiest fungi and eggs are the tastiest cells you probably have to eat. That yolky nucleus is certainly divine and the nutrients are nothing short of (Read more here). But, let’s end the nerd talk and put these two delicious foods in an omelette blessed with curry.
By the way, I have my omelettes in a pita sometimes. You might like it too.
Ingredients (serves 1):
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbs onion, minced
- 1 Tbs green onions, chopped
- 2 mushrooms (~1/3 cup), thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs milk
- 1/4 tsp curry
- salt & pepper
Time ~ 10 min
- In a med. sized bowl, beat the eggs. Add salt, pepper, green onions & milk. Beat again. Set aside.
- In a small pan saute the onions in enough oil/butter (~1-2 min). Stir in the curry ’till fragrant (~ 1 min).
- Mix in the mushroom and cook covered ’till mushroom start to wilt.
- Distribute the mixture evenly and pour in the egg mixture. Cook covered for 3-4 min. or ’till the top has set.
- Sprinkle cheese if desired.