Curried Broccoli Mashed Potato
Evidenced by my Costco receipts, I don’t have a problem eating broccoli. But, if you are bored of the same old same old, here is a neat way to incorporate more of it in your diet. This recipe is sure to please the family including the fussy little kiddos that you may have.
Ingredients (serves 3-4):
- 1 large (~ 1 lb) baking potato, cut into wedges (~8)
- 3-4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/3-1/2 cup milk (fat-free, whole, coconut, etc.), heated
- 1/2 tsp salt & 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 small garlic, minced
- 1 tsp curry (Muchi, Bengali, etc.)
Time~ 30 min
- Place potatoes in a steamer and cook for 10 min. Add the broccoli florets and continue for 6-8 minutes. Take care not to overcook the broccoli.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan over med. heat saute the garlic in enough oil/butter (~1-2 min). Stir in the curry ’till fragrant (~1 min). Set aside.
- In a blender, finely process the cooked broccoli.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except curry mixture. Mash, leaving some chunks behind (if preferred).
- Add the curry mixture in batches to the desired amount.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Use more butter or cheddar cheese if preferred.