Chicken Breast with Garlic Mozzarella Sauce
I was working on one of my typical cooking projects, where I attempt to turn a tasteless low-fat, low-carb, low-calorie, food into something somewhat decent and edible. I have had success before, but today we was outa luck.
“Screw it “…I thought. We were gonna be really hungry very very soon, so I made a sauce for a large chicken breast and tossed it in the oven. Since, I wasn’t too sure about the sauce, I also made a quick avocado dip for backup. Well guess what? Unlike my experimental ‘healthy’ food, they both turned out faaaantastic in half the time !
See here for the avocado dip recipe.
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grate
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 large chicken breasts, skinned
Time~ Prep: 5 min Cook: 30 min
- In a bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients.
- Place the breasts in a large aluminum foil. Coat with sauce and wrap. Place in an oven safe dish.
- Bake in the oven for 30 min @ 375 Fahrenheit.
- When done sprinkle with dried oregano.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.